Call for Abstracts – Submission Guidelines Document
In preparation for the conference, we have identified a list of 14 topics that will
- Address best practices in Water & Waste Water Management in India.
- Serve as relevant themes that will provide the latest perspectives on key issues in the profession.
With this Call for Abstracts, we are now looking for your input as participants in these sessions. Our goal is to provide conference attendees with the best possible content for each of the topics.
The deadline for submitting your abstracts has been extended to Friday, 30th June, 2017
Abstract Submission Guidelines for Oral Presentation
Oral presentation session consists of a 20 minutes presentation, followed by 5 minutes for questions and discussions. Accepted submissions will then need to be put in a PowerPoint presentation for further approval by the committee. Format for this PowerPoint presentation will be provided at a later stage.
Abstracts need to be submitted via email to email@example.com. Please follow the instructions given below carefully and completely.
Invitations are extended to propose abstracts for the following session topics
- Smart Utilities and effective utility management - full cost recovery, billings, etc.
- Water Audit, NRW reduction and Leak detection
- Optimization in Operation of WTPs and STPs
- Advanced Wastewater Treatment Systems and Sludge Treatment (including alternative disinfection techniques)
- GIS and Asset Management
- Integrated Watershed / river basin management
- Industrial Wastewater Treatment
- Upgrade of old infrastructure - Why construct new when you can upgrade?
- Addressing the water-food-energy nexus (including energy efficiency in water & waste water)
- PPPs in water sector
- Establishing funding, policy & regulation instruments
- Water Desalination
- Resiliency in Urban Infrastructure
- Potable and Non-Potable Wastewater Reuse
Abstract Review & Notification of Acceptance
The Session Chairs will review all completed and eligible abstracts according to the relevance to their proposed topic and select the most appropriate submissions. All abstracts will be evaluated and scored solely on their scientific merits and relevance
Notification regarding acceptance or rejection of the abstracts will be sent to the presenting author by email; therefore, an accurate email address is critical.
Abstract Submission Format
For standardization, please follow the below guidelines. Abstracts not fulfilling the below guidelines will not be accepted.
- One A4 size paper
- Font: Arial, size 12
- Maximum number of words: 250
- Mention the title and name of the Author and the Co-author
Terms & Conditions for Abstract Submission
- All abstracts are to be submitted in English only
- A clear reference should be made of the topic for which the abstract is being submitted
- Abstracts exceeding the word limit of 250 words will be rejected
- Abstracts should have a heading and should also mention the author's name, title, and affiliation
- No travel allowances will be provided to the presenters
- Presenters are expected to register for the conference; registration fee will not be waived, however an early bird discounted price will be provided
- The presenting author must be one of the co-authors listed in the submitted abstract
- The presenting author is responsible for notifying all co-authors of any additions, deletions and changes to the program, as communicated by AICE’17 Total Water Solutions Conference.
- In order to provide our attendees with a broad range of perspectives, the number of presentations by each person submitting should not exceed 2 topics. In case excess submissions are received, the first 2 submissions chosen by the Program Committee will be considered as final
Write to Siddharth Vishwanathan (Sr. Manager - Market Development) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract Submissions Open - Monday
Abstract Submissions Ends - Friday
Notification of Acceptance - Saturday
Early Bird Registration Deadline - Sunday
Draft Presentation Due - Friday
Final Presentation Due - Monday